Thursday, December 9, 2010

This is the season...

I love Christmas. I think everyone loves Christmas, but I am really enjoying the season this year. I really think it has something to do with the fact that I got all my shopping done so I can just enjoy it! I have been very contemplative the last couple months, for no peticular reason. I am so grateful for a whole month where we are celebrating the birth of the Savior. I feel like I always try to be a good person and to live a good life but the last little bit I have been trying extra hard. Im so thankful for Jesus Christ in my life and for the knowledge that I have that even though I may make many mistakes ( alot of really dumb ones) that I can move past them and try again to be better. I think maybe one of the reasons I have tried to step up my game the last little bit is because of Avery. I have this little person in my life now who depends on me for everything. I want so badly to be a good mom to her and to teach her how to be a good person. I know she is only 8 months old and I may be jumping the gun a little bit but I figure if I want to teach her all these things I better make sure I am living the things as well! Im not saying that I have not been but I just want to always make sure that I don't get complacent with where Im at. I hope that I always am trying to do better. Im so thankful for a wonderful, patient husband who is such a good example to me and makes me want to be better and at the same time makes me feel like I am already the best. I am so grateful that we have the priesthood in our home because Kurtis lives worthy and is always trying to improve himself. Im grateful for people around me who improve who I am and who are amazing examples to me. Anyway, I love Christmas and I hope in some small way I can find little ways everyday this season and throughout the year to help others around me come closer to Christ and be happier, because I know there are so many around me that do that for me!

3 comments:

Wynter said...

Aubrey-
This made me tear up! You are one cute girl, and I look up to you a lot! Thanks for being my assigned friend!
Love ya!

:::k-laa::: said...

aubrey anne!!!!!!!!! i love you. You are wonderful just the way you are. xoxo

LOW AND BEHOLD! said...

No offense... but you need to post pictures with your posts. They're just more interesting that way...

Sure, you've got a great life and a great husband and a great baby... people don't care as much without a picture or two :)

Love ya!