Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Halloween weekend

So, I decided that I really like having Halloween fall on a Sunday because its a good excuse to celebrate the whole weekend, which is exactly what we did! Friday night was our 2nd year at the road rally. This years theme was Alice in Wonderland, so Kurtis and I went as the Tweedle twins! We never decided who was Dee and who was Dum, oh well. We had SO much fun! The clues were so great and it was so well done. Heidi and Andrew came with us and with all 4 of us we figured out where we needed to go pretty well. We thought we might win but I guess for only our 2nd year 6th place out of 20 teams isn't bad eh? My favorite part was when Heidi and I were booking it through University Mall to find a clue and we totally got yelled at by the Mall Cop! He was like "if you enter the mall you need to walk!" We were just like "okay" and started running anyway! I was laughing so hard because he probably thought we were 16 and little did he know that I have a child at home!
Then on Saturday night we got Avery all dressed up and took her to my mom and dad's. She looked so adorable in her monkey costume! We put her to bed at their house and went and played games with some friends. We did more this last weekend then we have done since Avery was born. We are SO grateful my parents live so close and are willing to watch her so often!

Sunday we went up to Bountiful to have dinner with Meghan and Steve. They are living in Steve's parents house right now while they are on a mission. We all dressed up and had a great time. Steve even made name tags with a different picture on each one. We waited a little too long to take the picture because Avery was ready for bed and screaming when we actually took it. Overall, it was a great weekend!

1 comment:

Miriam Ika Marshall said...

I love love love your costumes!! that is so awesome!! Avery is an adorable monkey!!!